The Auburn Heritage Association, dedicated to historic preservation
in Alabama, was founded in 1974. Its purpose is to provide an
organization dedicated to the identification and preservation
of items and material of historical significance in Auburn and
its surrounding environment.
The main functions of the organization are:
- To collect material which helps establish or illustrate
the history of Auburn, its exploration, settlement and development.
- To educate all ages about the value of historic preservation.
- To stimulate interest in local history by assisting in
the preservation and restoration of historic buildings and
- To catalogue and place markers on historical sites, buildings,
- To instigate local and state action to protect the historical
character of Auburn.
TICKETS AVAILABLE AT THE GATE
SIGN UP AS A LANTERN TOUR GUIDE CLICK HERE!
Officers and Board Members
Vice President-Charles Hendrix
Click Here to Become a Member
Pine Hill Cemetery is Auburn’s oldest cemetery and this book tells all! The story of University Presidents, Founding families of Auburn and enumeration of the entire cemetery, plus Lantern Tour scripts
New Book Available November 2021
Telling the stories of the Village and its people, street by street, act by act, over nearly two centuries…
**Will Be Available to purchase after they are delivered in November
Please send us an email so we can put you on our mailing list. Sign up Now!